Corrosion issuesare clearly of economic costs and corrosion can lead to structural failures that have dramaticconsequences for humans and the surrounding environment.Reports on the corrosion failures of metal structure, bridges,aircrafts, automobiles, buildings, and gas pipelines are notunusual.Both organic and inorganic coatings have been widelyapplied for the protection of metals against corrosion. Inmany areas of coatings technology the fight againstcorrosion has made significant progress in recent years. Despite significant improvements in corrosion coatingtechnologies problems will continue to persist in the long term protectionof metal from aggressive environments.
Although the oil and pipeline industry has developedreliable cathodic protection methods and monitoringsystems that permit safe operation in difficult environment,these industries also experience coating failures. One of themain reasons for the limited number of high performance
anti-corrosive coating systems is the complexity of thecoating substrate system and the large factors affecting theperformance and service life of anti-corrosive coatings.Besides thecomposition of the coating, this consists ofbinders, pigments, solvents, extenders, and additives. Theperformance and durability of anticorrosive coating dependson several different parameters, such as type of substance aswell as several external environmental parameters.
Toperform its duty effectively, an anticorrosive coating mustpossess intrinsic durability, adhesion to the substrate,adequate flexibility and toughness to withstand impacts andcracking as well as maintain its appearance when subjectedto stress, swell, mechanical abuse, or weathering.The coating industry is a mature industry that has beenundergoing a continual change in technology throughout thelast few decades. Anintroduction to the different types of anticorrosive coatingspresently available, the main components in anticorrosivecoatings, novel anticorrosive coating ideas and a summaryof most important degradation mechanisms.
Paint additives and coating additives include a widerange of materials added to polymer resins, paints andcoatings and other substances to modify specific properties. They include insulating paintadditives, powder coating additives, catalysts, wettingagents, levellers, clarifier, coupling agents, deflocculates,thinners, thickeners, anti-caking agents and other chemicals.Paint Additives and Coating Additives are available inmany different forms.A wide range of paint additives, coating additives,insulating paint additives and powder coating additivesmade from the finest quality raw materials. These productsare effective in providing water resistance, corrosionresistance, heat resistance and abrasion resistance. Ourpaints and coatings additives are safe and environmentfriendly.
- Two components mixing system
- Quick Drying at room temperature
- Self-Priming (No need to apply primer)
- Tough & Scratch proof
- Fire Resistance – BS-163
- Excellent resistance to U.V. Radiation
- Resistance to Acids, Alkalies& saline atmosphere.
- Stable up to 200°C
- Easy to apply by Brush
- No skill manpower requirement.
- Quick & Convenient
- Considerable reduction in painting time.
- Applicable on Ferrous & Non-ferrous metals.
- Saves cost as compared to conventional protectivepaints
- Reduces the delivery period due to fast & shortpainting process.
- Saves Manpower & Time.
- Equipment Structural Steel
- Industrial Valves, Motors & Pumps
- Control Panels, Transformers
- Pipe Lines, Storage Tanks
- MS Structures, Chemical Plants/
- Refineries/Thermal Power Complexes
Specifications of anticorrosion coating
Function Polymeric based protective coating to protect
Metallic Structures from Corrosion in varied climaticconditions.
- Two Component
- Air Drying
- Easy to Apply by Brush
- Form: Liquid
- Odour : Non
- pH : Neutral
- Density : 1.01 (+/- 0.02) at 27°C
- Viscosity : 24 sec. ( B-4 Cup ) at 270°C
- Touch Dry 60 minutesat 30°C
- Re-coating90 minutes
- Hard Dry 24 hours
- Coverage 0.5m2per litre per coat(Flat Area)
- 2mm/per coat – Brush Application
- Application Method Conventional BrushTechnique
- Surface Requirement Free from dust, rust, oil,grease & any other Foreign Deposits.
- Flexibility (Conical Mandrel) 4mm: No FilmCrack
- Impact ( 60 Kg/Cm2): No Film Crack
- Adhesion Passes Gt 0
- Scratch Resistance: 4.5 kg
- Thermal Stability 230°C ( Continuous)
- Immersion in cold water for 7 days : No EffectObserved
- Immersion in Boiling water for 24 hours : NoEffect Observed
- Immersion in Lubricating Oil for 7 days : No EffectObserved
- Immersion in Vegetable Oil for 7 Days : No EffectObserved
- Immersion in Kerosene : No Effect Observed
- Salt Spray Resistance 1500 hours : No corrosion
- Exposure to mix. Of 20% HCL & 18%H2So4: No Deterioration of film
In responseto the needs of these industries innovative anti-corrosion coating technologies has ledto the development of new anti-corrosive coatingsystems, designed to withstand weather and abuse on the field. The desire for increased service life throughcorrosion control systems has driven, and will continue todrive, further advancements in anti-corrosion coating technology.