With economic slowdowns, it is critical for small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) to employ the most powerful, unique and effective Web sites to maximize sales.
10 cost effective tips for upgrading their Web sites.
1. Simple Navigation: If you are going to design a website for small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) means Medium Website Design, the navigation must be very simple and is essential element. . It is also very important to properly group the navigation and content on a SMB Web site. Too many navigation items can be challenging for users to understand. It is often better to group common pages together into a sub-navigation model.
2. Contents: Good quality contents, must relate with your site theme is very crucial for any websites. Now the size matter, Page word count is crucial for SMB Web sites. It is important to limit the number of words on a Web page. Pages that are 10,000 words long are not very user friendly when it comes to finding content.
3. Keywords: keywords are supposed to be the vital factors when your site will be there at web among lots of another websites providing same services. Keyword usage is critical to SMB Web site design success. SMBs should identify key one- to three-word phrases relevant to their business and incorporate them into the content of the Web site. This helps search engines to identify the Web site when consumers are searching for relevant businesses. SMBs must ensure the key words are focused to their type of business, target audience and include a local niche.
4. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO seeks to increase a site’s visibility in search engines and enhance its value to visitors through topical page design, consistent HTML tagging, and focusing content on core keywords. SEO is a great way to increase exposure for an SMB Web site. Reviewing the keywords and descriptions used on each page is essential for keeping the Web site listed in the major search engines.
5. Images: pictures tell, but words sell. This is largely true, although a web site without any images at all will be very tiring on the eye and dull for the user. Images really are worth a thousand words — when used correctly. SMB Web sites,E-Commerce Packages must optimize the images used on the site. Optimizing the images will help drastically with page load times. Shaving off a few 100kbs will save users’ bandwidth while allowing the Web site to open faster. By adding text descriptions to the images, search engines will have more data to index on an SMB Web site.
6. Google Analytics and Google AdWords: Take advantage of Google Analytics and Google AdWords. There is no better package for analyzing the traffic that comes to your site. Google Analytics offers a very robust package of reports on all Website traffic. The paid option of Google AdWords will list a Web site on additional Web sites that advertise with Google Ad Sense (a market standard). Implementing this capability on an SMB Web site takes some effort.
7. Web Compliance: Ensure an SMB Web site is xhtml/css 2.0 compliant. Redesigning an SMB Web site to be Web 2.0 compliant will ensure it is viewable across all Web browser platforms. The Web design industry has come along way since the days of designing Web sites in FrontPage and your business needs to be on the leading edge of design. Web 2.0 standards separate the content from the layout, making it easier for search engines to index the site’s content.
8. Blogging: A Blog is one of the best ways to open up communication with business prospects and customers. A blog is a Web journal that is an important tool for SMBs to communicate with consumers about the latest news, products and services relevant to their business. It can also identify the business as an industry leader and expert. Blogs are indexed more quickly than other pages by search engines, especially blog search engines, and can point search engines to other content on the SMB’s site via links. To maximize the power of a blog, SMB owners should provide interesting and thought-generating information; ask for reader comments, questions and opinions; and comment on readers’ feedback.
9. News Letter: An Internet newsletter can help maximize your overall communications efforts. SMBs can provide consumers with an expert e-mail newsletter that offers interesting, timely and entertaining information related to their businesses. Newsletters that feature tips and advice are especially helpful. SMBs should give consumers the ability to register for the newsletter on their Web site. This also provides an effective way to obtain valuable contact and marketing information that can lead to future sales.
10. User Friendliness: User-friendly sites ensure maximum use and profit. small and medium sized businesses Web sites should be designed to help visitors to find key information. It is important to clearly identify ways for customers to Choose the business packages for more product information, obtain customer support and buy products. If an SMB Web site offers direct sales, it must feature an easy to use commerce system that makes it simple for customers to purchase products and services.
For more information on website design and development and discuss various business packages please feel free to visit at : http://www.w3designs.co.uk