A new kind of computer invented by the Google Inc will be going to sell from the 15th June 2011. These notebooks are purely based on internet will use the Google’s Chrome operating system. The new web-centric PCs, made by Samsung and Acer, are Google’s latest attempt to change how consumers and companies use their computers. Dubbed as Chromebooks, the laptops run on Google’s cloud-based operating system and expand its Web browser Chrome.
Here are the features of the Google’s latest invention termed as ChromeBook –
1. Chromebooks are a new type of laptops that will run an Internet-based operating system developed by Google.
2. Chromebooks will supposedly boot in under 10 seconds, allowing users instant access to the internet and the Cloud.
3. Since everything you do on your Chromebook is Cloud-based, all your apps, files, and settings are stored on the Internet. So even if you lose your Chromebook, you can log in using another Chrome-based machine and access those files.
4. Needless to say, you’ll need a very good internet connection to use Chromebooks, which will come with built-in Wi-Fi and 3G.
5. Chrome promises full support for the latest web technologies along with complete support for Flashbased content.
6. Since it is webbased, you will have an automatically updated OS and softwares.
7. According to Google, Chromebooks will run millions of web apps, from games to spreadsheets, and many of these will continue working even when you’re not connected.
8. As also mentioned before, everything is on the cloud. Hence the laptops will be tightly integrated with Google’s “cloud” online services, and will have almost no capacity to store information. Though they will have slots to plug in other storages device users buy separately.
9. Samsung Electronics Co and Acer Inc are making the first Chromebooks. They will sell for $349 to $499 at Best Buy and Amazon.com Inc in the US.
10. Acer’s Chromebook will have an 11.6-inch (29.46-centimeter) screen display and up to six hours of battery life. Samsung’s version, selling will have a 12.1-inch (30.73-centimeter) screen and up to 8.5 hours of battery life.
11. Google Chromebook comes with security features such as secure tabbed browsing (called sandboxing), data encryption, and verified boot. According to Google, “Chromebooks have many layers of security built in so there is no anti-virus software to buy and maintain.
12. Chromebooks will go on sale on June 15. The laptops will be available for purchase online beginning June 15 in Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands and the United States.