As the internet is maturing the existence and Web applications are emerging, web development is becoming essential for proper growth of business on internet. Web development make your work easy to be done on the internet and gives some lots and lots of advantages with high increase in revenue as with web development you can hit the international market as your target market.
A website is important if you are looking for an online presence. But once your website is up, it s crucial that you manage the content in an organized way. You will need to make many changes on your site. This is where E-Commerce Websites packages, OS commerce, Content Management System, CMS in short, come into play. Content Management System (CMS): This system is the core of web development and used to manage contents of a web site, providing the facilities for the creation, modification, archiving and removal of information resources from an organized repository usually saved in a .
This tool allows you to maintain your site. CMS is a web application designed to manage the content on the website. Most companies, who put their contents on their sites, use it.
CMS is extremely crucial to the success of any website. It helps creation, storage, management and publishing of all information in an organized way. In short, it streamlines all the data in a consistent and accessible way.
Here are some reasons why your website needs a CMS:
1. Content updation on desire : Your website needs to be updated, as nobody wants to read stale content. With CMS you can update your web content in no time. It allows you to create, edit, organize, manage, and publish contents (be it graphics, image, documents, etc.) very easily.
2. Technical Knowledge not Necessary : CMS is for you. No HTML or programming skills required, which means you don t need to be technically sound to update the content. All technical details are handled by CMS. It allows you, your colleagues, and non-technical staff, content authors to update the contents.
3. No Time restriction : Don t let your site go without updates due to time constraint. CMS will allow you to carry out changes when they re needed. This is important if your business relies highly on the website. CMS usually simplifies the process required to post content.
4. Reduce Website Maintenance Cost : As mentioned before, you don t need to be tech-savvy to update contents. This not only reduces the site maintenance costs, but also lessens the need of website administration staff. The IT team can use their time more productively.
5. Archive Your Web Content : Archiving content is much easier, since a CMS uses a database to store, manage, and retrieve content. New contents get updated and older ones get stored. You can always revert back when the need arises.
6. Build Site Navigation : Content Management System navigation is usually dynamically driven, which means that future updates can be made without losing all the contents. Menus are generated automatically based on the database content.
7. Improve Search Engine Optimization (SEO) : If you want to drive the website s traffic based on keywords and phrases, then CMS can prove to be a good option. Many CMSs have built-in options that include keywords, meta tags, hyperlinks, descriptions, etc. These can be automatically generated from the site s content, resulting in improved SEO.